Sunday, January 30, 2011

My e-books...

Hi, there even an "everyone" any more? Anyway, the links to my "animal" books are at the end of this post. A brief description of each:
1) Zellwood is a short story; it's about the grief process after losing a beloved dog.
2) Devil's Moon is a suspense novel; and, of course, there's a dog involved...big time. The book does, however, contain R-rated language as the antagonist is a real - ahem - piece of work.
3) The Animal Advocate you already know about but I'll tell you again; it's a collection of my newspaper/blog columns (yes, some you can read here) .
4) My next short-story book will be published in a week or two; more "dog tales"

In any case, whether you have an e-book reader or not, you can download these books to many other devices (your iphone, your PC, your Blackberry, etc.). Also, please pass the links along to all on your "animal loving" list - be it via email, Facebook, word-of-mouth, whatever - as the snowball effect is what will make my work a success. I thank you so much in advance...


Devil's Moon

The Animal Advocate

Monday, January 24, 2011

Buyer Beware

Just a note about Goodlife dog biscuits...

Although I've been a faithful customer for years, my latest bag contained a very disturbing - and potentially dangerous - "string" of treats. "String" meaning that three of the biscuits were connected by a heavy, ropy thread that also wound itself through the biscuits.

After repeated attempts to reach anyone who gave a shit at Goodlife (including writing a personal letter to the head of the pet division at Mars Corp. and including one of the treats) - to date - I have received no response.

So, even though I'm very careful about doling out treats to my dog, some may inadvertently toss them to their pet without noticing anything amiss. All I'm doing is asking that you be very careful and ensure that you check these biscuits first. For if a dog - especially a small one - ate the ones I still have in my cupboard, you would, at best, be looking at an emergency vet visit. At worst.....a choked-to-death dog.